Broad Vision. Honest Service. Great Value.
Welcome To Accel Group
Where We Build Your Visions
‘Accel Group., is a full service RENOVATION / CONSTRUCTION COMPANY serving both the Greater Toronto Area and Ontario’s cottage country. We help guide customers through the building process; starting with the conceptual stage of your project, all the way through construction. We understand your home is both a major investment as well as the place you live. We carry out construction in a clean and safe environment, protecting all the homeowners’ belongings. All work is carried out with integrity, and only quality craftsmanship is accepted. Our goal is to exceed all of our customers’ expectations.’
Call Us Today:
1 416 262 5655
Accel Group providing construction project planning, management and design services for additions/alterations and new construction pertaining to residential, commercial and Industrial projects.
Exterior Design & Build
Our service restoration service targets towards new and aging homes as well as commercial properties which are no longer able to stand exterior moisture, water, and climate.
Landscape Design & Build
Accel Group Design + Build are the GTA’s award winning landscape designers, noted for original and stunning residential landscaping designs.
Construction planning is the specific process construction managers use to lay out how they will manage and execute a construction project, from designing the structure to ordering materials to deploying workers and subcontractors to complete various tasks
furniture and Modern classics, including the best new chairs, tables, bookcases, desks and original storage solutions.
Interior Design & Build
Your home is your sanctuary. Ensure it’s designed to meet your family’s unique needs. With a sound plan, design and build, your home can fit your family, instead of the other way around!
Get Your Free Consultation
Build strategies, build confidence, build your business.
Our Recent Projects
Call Us On 1 416 262 5655
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
USA NEW YORK LOCATION
Call Us On 1 786 631 8130
Email : email@example.com
Full- Service General Contracting
Building Permit Regulations
Your application will be reviewed for compliance with the Ontario Building Code, the Zoning By-law, and Applicable Law.
The Building Code Act, 1992 is the legislative framework governing the construction, renovation and change-of-use of a building in the Province of Ontario.
Ontario Building Code is a regulation under the Building Code Act. It establishes detailed technical and administrative requirements. and minimum standards for building construction.
The Ontario Building Code promotes public health and safety, fire protection, resource conservation, environmental integrity, and accessibility. It’s purpose is the promotion of public safety through the application of uniform building standards
The uniform minimum standards for the safety of buildings include
- Health and Safety
- Fire protection
- Structural sufficiency
- Construction materials
- Plumbing and Mechanical systems
The Building Code Act and regulations can be viewed on the Province of Ontario’s website: Building Code Act, 1992 and Building Code, Ontario . The Province of Ontario’s Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing is responsible for the development of, and the amendments to the Building Code Act and the Code.
The Zoning By-law sets out rules governing land use and the placement of buildings on a lot. It states exactly:
- Land and building uses
- Building size or density
- Location of buildings and other structures on a lot
- Minimum lot sizes and dimensions, parking requirements, and building height
If you are unable to comply with the provisions of the zoning bylaw you may make an application to the Committee of Adjustment for a minor variance.
Chapter 363 of the Toronto Municipal Code – Building, Construction, and Demolition is the chapter of the municipal code that provides the City of Toronto the legal authority to administer and enforce of the Ontario Building Code Act and Ontario Building Code.
Chapter 363 provides policies, regulations, and procedures regarding:
- Application submission requirements
- General administration of permits (issuance, revocation, transfer of permits)
- Regulations governing construction vibrations
- Demolition controls
- Construction fencing regulations, and
- Right of entry onto private property
As well as local Zoning By-laws, there are other laws that must be satisfied prior to getting
a building permit. The regulations, other than the Ontario Building Code, that may apply to a project or proposed construction are called applicable law.
Your project or proposed construction must always comply with other applicable law in accordance with the Ontario Building Code. In order to determine the applicable law that apply to your project a Zoning Certificate is recommended prior to submitting an application for a building permit. For development applications a Pre-Application Consultation is recommended.
The following provides a list of the most common applicable law that apply to development and building applications. For a complete list of applicable laws please refer to Section 188.8.131.52 “Definition of Applicable Law” in the Ontario Building Code .
- City of Toronto Ravines and Natural Features
- See if your property is subject to ravine protection by-laws.
- City of Toronto Municipal Code and Bylaws
- All City of Toronto by-laws passed since amalgamation (does not have full collection of zoning by-laws).
- For the full text of any Ontario statute, including: the Planning Act, Building Code Act, and Ontario Building Code. Follow the instructions on the site to find the Statute or Regulation you would like to view.
- Building Industry and Land Development Association (BILD)
- Non-profit, industry funded organization that works to promote the welfare of the building industry and protect the interests of consumers.
- Heritage Preservation Services (City of Toronto)
- See if your home is a heritage building, or in a heritage area.
- Ministry of the Environment (MOE)
- Ministry of the Environment for information about record of site condition.
- Ministry of Labour (MOL)
- Ministry of Labour for information and enforcement of construction safety regulations.
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs
- Full list of applicable laws, and contact information
- Ontario Building Code interpretations and updates
- Ministry of Transportation (MTO)
- Ministry of Transportation to obtain approvals for construction near provincial highways.
- Municipal Licensing & Standards (ML&S)
- Municipal Licensing & Standards for information and enforcement of Municipal Bylaws. (Eg. Noise bylaws, fencing, pool enclosures, etc.)
- Ontario Municipal Board (OMB)
- When people can’t resolve their differences on community planning issues, the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) provides a public forum for resolving disagreements.
- Warranty Protection for new homes.
- Toronto Region Conservation Authority (TRCA)
- Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
- Toronto Transit Commission to obtain access and construction approvals.
- Toronto Water
- The City’s Toronto Water division delivers safe drinking water, collects and treats wastewater, and provides stormwater management.
- Urban Forestry